Your Gas Water Heater Specialists
When it comes to selecting the ideal water heating solution, Mr Emergency Plumbing recognises the significance of making the right choice to meet your specific needs.
Our team is proficient in evaluating your requirements and assessing your property’s characteristics to provide you with the most suitable gas hot water system recommendations.
Our commitment to your convenience means we can dispatch a fully qualified plumber or gas fitter to your doorstep in as little as 30 minutes*, offering around-the-clock service, even on public holidays. We pride ourselves on being a local resource, readily available during emergency situations.
Gas hot water systems are available in two primary variations: instantaneous/continuous flow and storage tank systems. These systems can be powered by either your main natural gas supply or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) bottles. Although the initial investment for a gas hot water system may be higher compared to an electric counterpart, the long-term operational costs are generally more budget-friendly.
Instantaneous gas hot water systems, continuous flow systems, and storage tank gas hot water systems each have their unique advantages.
At Mr Emergency Plumbing, our friendly plumbers can assist you in determining which type of system aligns best with your household and property requirements. We offer comprehensive services, including supply, repair, servicing, and installation, covering a wide range of leading brands and models of gas hot water systems, both indoor and outdoor models.
With our expertise and dedication to your satisfaction, you can make an informed decision about your gas hot water system, ensuring efficient and reliable hot water supply for your home.
Common Gas HWS Issues
When it comes to your gas hot water system, there can be various issues that may require the attention of professionals like Mr Emergency Plumbing.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through some common problems to help you understand when it’s time to seek expert assistance:
- Lack of hot water: One of the most noticeable signs of trouble is when your gas hot water system fails to produce hot water. If you find yourself taking chilly showers more often than not, it’s a clear indicator that something isn’t right.
- Temperature irregularities: Do you notice your water temperature fluctuating or staying consistently lower than your desired setting? This inconsistency can be a frustrating issue, and it might indicate underlying problems within your system.
- Discoloured water: If your tap water appears discoloured, particularly with a rusty or muddy hue, it could be a sign of corrosion or sediment buildup within your gas hot water system.
- Unusual noises: Strange noises, such as banging or clanging sounds coming from your gas storage tank, could point to sediment accumulation or other issues that affect the efficiency of your heater.
- Leaking or burst tank: A leaking or burst gas storage tank is a serious problem that requires immediate attention. It can lead to property damage and, in some cases, pose safety risks. If you notice any signs of leakage, don’t hesitate to contact professionals right away.
- Pilot light extinguishing: If your gas hot water system’s pilot light keeps going out, it can be indicative of a malfunctioning thermocouple or other internal problems. A constantly extinguishing pilot light is not only inconvenient but also a potential hazard.
- Unexplained high gas bills: An unexpected increase in your gas bills, especially when your usage habits haven’t changed significantly, could suggest that your gas hot water system is operating inefficiently. This can result in higher-than-average energy costs.
When you encounter any of these issues or suspect that your gas hot water system isn’t performing at its best in terms of energy efficiency, it’s advisable to reach out to the experts at Mr. Emergency Plumbing.
Their experienced team can diagnose and address these problems promptly, ensuring that you have a reliable source of hot water in your home. Don’t wait until minor issues become major problems – schedule a professional inspection and maintenance service to keep your gas hot water system in top condition.
Types of Gas Hot Water Systems
If you’re looking for an efficient way to heat water in your home, gas hot water systems should be at the top of your list.
These systems provide rapid and dependable hot water on demand, and they come in several different types to accommodate your specific needs.
- Storage tank systems: Among the most common gas hot water systems are those with storage tanks. These units store a significant amount of hot water in a tank, keeping it consistently heated and ready for use whenever you need it. While they offer a continuous supply of hot water, it’s important to note that the tank size limits the amount available at any given time.
- Continuous flow systems: Also known as instantaneous water heaters or tankless units, these systems heat water as you need it, without the need for a storage tank. They are highly energy-efficient and provide an endless supply of hot water. However, their flow rate may be limited if multiple taps are used simultaneously, and they reduce running costs because you’re not constantly storing heated water.
- Heat pump systems: Using electricity, heat pump systems transfer heat from the air or ground to heat the water. While they are more energy-efficient than traditional gas systems, they can have higher upfront costs.
- Solar gas-boosted systems: Combining solar power with gas backup, these systems use solar panels to heat water during sunny days and switch to gas during cloudy periods, ensuring a continuous supply of hot water.
- Condensing gas systems: These highly efficient systems recover heat from exhaust gases, making them an eco-friendly and cost-effective choice.
Choosing the right gas hot water heater depends on your household’s hot water requirements, budget, and environmental considerations. Each type has its own set of advantages, so it’s essential to evaluate which one aligns best with your needs.
The Many Benefits of Gas Hot Water Systems
Investing in a gas hot water system can significantly improve your home’s comfort and offer a range of benefits that make it a popular choice among homeowners.
Here are some key advantages:
- Cost efficiency: Gas is often more cost-effective than electricity for water heating, leading to lower operating costs and reduced utility bills.
- Rapid heating: Gas systems heat water quickly and efficiently, eliminating long waits for your shower to warm up or for the dishwasher to complete its cycle.
- Continuous flow hot water: Tankless gas systems provide a consistent supply of hot water, ensuring you never run out during peak usage times. Heat and water are always at the required temperature.
- Energy efficiency: Modern gas hot water systems prioritise energy efficiency, minimising waste and benefiting the environment compared to older models.
- Reliability: Gas water heaters are known for their reliability and longevity, requiring less maintenance and boasting a longer lifespan than some alternative water heating methods.
- Versatility: Gas systems are available in various types, catering to different needs, from traditional storage tanks to tankless options, making it easier to find the perfect fit for your specific requirements.
- Environmental friendliness: Gas is a cleaner-burning fuel compared to some alternatives, resulting in lower greenhouse gas emissions and a greener choice for your home.
In summary, a gas hot water system offers quick, reliable, and cost-efficient hot water, making it an excellent investment for your home’s comfort and budget.
Why Choose Mr Emergency Plumbing?
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we offer these great Mr Emergency Plumbing benefits:
- Fully qualified and licensed plumbers and gas fitters who take regular refresher courses
- 12-month warranty on all workmanship, parts and materials
- Comprehensive public liability insurance
- Available 24/7, every day of the year
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- Interest free** payment plans
- Certificates of compliance issued (when required) in line with government standards and regulations
At Mr Emergency Plumbing, we also provide a full range of electrical and air conditioning services to homes and businesses around Australia, alongside our plumbing and gas fitting services.
Interest Free** Gas Hot Water
We understand that hot water systems have to be fixed immediately and that you don’t always have the funds available to pay for the work immediately. That’s why Mr Emergency Plumbing offers eligible customers a range of interest free** payment options.
Simply choose a payment plan with one of our providers, Zip or Humm. You get the flexibility of making weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of plan. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
The application process is easy, with most of our customers getting accepted straight away. Our plumbers can set you up when at your place and, once you’re approved, they can start work immediately. You can also pay with cash, cheque, direct transfer or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
Getting a qualified plumber to your place fast just takes a call to the team at Mr Emergency Plumbing. Contact us today for your hot water needs.
Mr Emergency Does It All
Here at Mr Emergency, we don’t just deal with hot water and other plumbing issues. We also have expert gas fitters, electricians and air conditioning specialists on hand to respond to any of your emergencies.
For more information about getting your gas hot water system fixed right away, contact Mr Emergency Plumbing today.